Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Carb Heaven

Carbohydrates rock. I have basically been living without them for several weeks in an effort to look decent in my mother-of-the-bride dress.

Tonight I closed the door where the dress hangs 24/7 to keep me focused on the fact that I will definitely be wearing it in 6 weeks, and I made spaghetti.

Homemade marinara sauce. Regular pasta spaghetti noodles (not spinach). No parmesan. Ground turkey instead of ground beef. Fresh green beans sprinkled with garlic instead of garlic bread. But PASTA, pure carbs!!

It was so yummy. I am in carb heaven.

I wonder how a mu-mu would blend with the bride's plans for her wedding. I bet I can find one in the right colors, with big flowers, puffy sleeves, down to the floor, kind of a sack shape. Oh never mind, it's back to no-carb hell for this mother-of-the-bride.

I guess I love my daughter more than carbs, but it's close. Six weeks and counting, but who's counting?
Wierd Al' "Eat It"

No comments:

Post a Comment