Monday, July 18, 2011

Looking Forward

Let's face it. It's time for some forward thinking. I mean, take a look at my last post. There is no doubt that a blog post about a colonoscopy is a glimpse into someone's state of mind. And I was definitely in a state of mind.

Yes, there was that single moment of inspiration when I thought someone might possibly benefit from reading about my experience, but it was Fleeting (oh, excuse the pun). I was tired of doctors and office visits and packing, and it showed in every word. From beginning to end (and again, please pardon the pun).

Now I'm past all the medical probing and prodding, healthy as a horse, and unpacked from the NOVA/DC to Henderson, NV move. We have driven over 3,000 miles in a 26-foot Penske truck in the heat of summer, loaded or unloaded the truck a total of five times as we road tripped from Virginia to New Mexico to Nevada to Utah and back to Nevada, picking up belongings from storage units/locations in 3 states. We are moved in. We are unpacked. We are settling into our new home. We have boxes in the garage, but very few. Now it's all about sorting and filing and getting rid of excess. It's a lot of hard work. But it's the next step to our future and we are looking forward.

This I can do. Without a doctor. Without an appointment.

Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment