Friday, July 27, 2012

YOU Didn't Build That!

OK, so I really didn't return to this blog last year as I thought I would. And I doubt that you really missed me. But...!

Today I am returning. And I can't think of a better way to return than by posting my Facebook entry from earlier today. Enjoy. And don't give me all the credit for this blog post, I'm sure someone else will want credit too.

FACEBOOK ENTRY 7.27.12:

I don't remember President Obama participating at any level in the birth and growth of my nonprofit consulting firm, The Resource Tank (altho it appears he believes he was involved).

What I do remember is that almost one year ago exactly, my nonprofit consulting firm, The RESOURCE Tank was birthed following a conversation over Tennessee-Mexican food with Nicole Williams at a pit stop meeting on our cross-country trek to move from DC to Vegas. Over the past year I've networked and provided professional support at very reasonable rates, and as a result (plus a little luck and heavenly intervention), The Resource Tank has grown to include clients across the US and Canada and has kept our family afloat in this terrible economy for the past 12 months.

Many thanks to Nicole for planting the seed in that long ago conversation. And to my clients, past, present and future, for putting their trust in me.

As for Mr. Obama, well, what can you say about someone who already has taken the credit for anything positive and nothing negative? I'll leave it to him to congratulate and thank himself.

Oh wait, he already has.

No comments:

Post a Comment