Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sanity

Sanity is not overrated.  Insanity, however, is most definitely overrated.

How would I know this, you are probably wondering...or for those of you who know me well you probably understood immediately. I know, because I bounce back and forth between the two on a fairly regular basis. (If you have doubts about this - bless your soul - I would simply admonish you to ask my kids.)

It's true. I can be completely sane one day, and the "other side of the coin" the next. However, I am never insane enough to call myself insane in a public blog.

Sanity is not overrated because it's the real world. It's truth, unveiled. It's consequences for actions. It's reality, sometimes a sad reality, but reality.

Insanity, on the other hand, is overrated. Not because it can't be fun, because it can. And not because it's boring, because it's anything BUT. Insanity is overrated because it's not real. And no matter how fun or entertaining something might be, if it's not real, and you are living in it, it's not a good thing.

My life borders on the insane 35% of the time, and probably dips into insanity about 5%. That leaves a full 60% of my life that is completely sane. Which means I am a bit more than half sane, and I can live with that.

Now, if only everyone else could.

No comments:

Post a Comment