Monday, November 2, 2009

So many pages, so little time

I am at the State Policy Network (SPN) Annual Conference in Asheville, North Carolina. This is my first time in the South and I am in love (again), but this time it's for real. Or at least it feels like it is. What a beautiful state North Carolina is...

Part of this conference is networking between state policy think tanks from around the nation and many of the organizations have collateral displayed on tables for us to grab. (I always have to UPS my "take" home after a conference).

Today I was perusing the tables and found a list books to read on what was called a Lifetime Reading Plan and included books such as 1984, Orwell, Atlas Shrugged, Rand, Dynamics of World History, Dawson, The Closing of the American Mind, Bloom, books on Reagan, Lincoln and more. After looking through the list of 100 books, I have decided that if I started reading tonight I might finish the list on my death bed.

I am 55 and I am still hungry for knowledge. I love the experience of learning, exploring, discovering and understanding. I love to learn. I am curious. I am like a sponge. I hunger for it, I always have.

So, to read or not to read is not even a question.

So many pages, so little time.

But I am in a beautiful place to start the journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment