Monday, May 25, 2009

Stupor to Stupendous

Sometimes I wonder about myself. I question my ability to love unconditionally and forgive so easily. I am doubtful about the wisdom in opening my heart without any armor in place.

Then there are the times that I remember the joy I have experienced as a result of these risk-taking traits. Oh sure, I have been hurt because of them as well, but my memories are heavy laden with joyful connections, happy reunions and gratitude for relationships of all kinds, in all stages.

This Memorial Day Weekend has been one of those "Stupor to Stupendous" experiences...beginning in a life-stalling, disappointment induced stupor and ending in a stupendous display of loving friends, circled around a campfire with me, laughing and talking and sharing tales while lounging comfortably in our camp chairs.

Life is one step at a time, even at my age, and I am grateful for the small successes as I work my way through. A favorite quote from long ago: "The only way out is through."

Ok, then. Onward and upward and through - with a little help from my friends.

Joe Cocker "With a Little Help from My Friends"

No comments:

Post a Comment