Monday, July 27, 2009

Flipped!

Nearly 35 years ago (that would be in 1974 for the math-challenged), I first met my future father-in-law. He was dressed in tan slacks, a short sleeve button down shirt and had a flip notepad in his shirt pocket. He managed several businesses with that small notepad for decades, but I never got it. In fact, I think I may have made fun of it.

Now I carry a flip pad everywhere.

After thousands of dollars on Franklin Planners and hours upon hours of online calendar and to-do list organization, I returned to the basics earlier this year and have found myself more organized than I have ever been. Granted, I have an iPhone with instant access to my calendar, email and contact list, but beyond that my lime green or hot pink or sky blue flip notepad has become the center of my world. Everything goes into my flip pad - notes, comments, reminders, names, ideas, etc. Even calendar dates and phone numbers sometimes end up there when I don't have time to enter them into my iPhone immediately.

So, I owe a thank you to my NM friend who provided me with a supply of colorful flip pads and an apology to my former father-in-law (proof that life really is eternal - future became former). And I need to do some catch up, because there is no way to determine the lost minutes and hours that were wasted because I didn't use a flip pad. But I can do it, I have a flip pad.

I flipped, can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment