Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bruno Lopez

FRIENDS. I loved that show. I have the entire collection from the first episode to the last. Of course, they are still in cellophane wrap because who has time to watch that much TV? Or any TV for that matter?

Those who didn't enjoy the show were so put off by the constant sexual innuendo that they missed the great life lessons that were taught. To each their own, but I wasn't and I didn't. I still laugh until my sides hurt when I remember certain episodes and double over with tears in my eyes from laughter if I actually sit my arse down long enough to watch a rerun.

Bruno Lopez could have been a character in FRIENDS.

He was certainly a character last night with my friends who joined me at my house for a dinner party and to meet Kalen.

Bruno Lopez.

I think I'm in love, and this time it's real!

Who is Bruno Lopez? I really have no idea. I think he's probably someone different to each of us. To my daughter Kalen, he was her quick-witted response to someone asking if she had a tattoo. To my friend Karen, he was the guy revving by my house on his Harley. To Gail, he was the mystery masseuse who relaxed her shoulders earlier in the day. To me, he is still an unknown, but just the mere thought of Bruno Lopez will make me chuckle now and forever.

Friends. I love them. For those who get caught up in the sexual innuendo and flirtateous behavior in a group of 50-something friends, the great lessons of life and friendship are easily lost. But for me, it's been a reaffirmation of who I am, what I want and how important other people are.


Laughter is life-renewing.

Friends are life-sustaining.

When the two work together, it's life-changing.


I am so glad I have friends in New Mexico, my new home. And I am so glad I have friends in Utah, California, Washington and Las Vegas, and many other places where I have landed for a hour or a day or a month or more. They add so much to my life.

I have friends because I can look beyond the silliness that sometimes accompanies camaraderie, and see the goodness in my friends. I have friends because they can look beyond my faults and imperfections and downright failures to see that I am a decent, fun-loving person.

I am grateful for their willingness to focus on the good. And I love their eclectic personalities, each one adds a new dimension to my life and my own personality. Who I am is a combination of all of my friends and family, and even those who are not on those lists. I have (hopefully) learned something from everyone I have met in my life.

The more I think about my friends, the more I believe that a little bit of Bruno Lopez is in all of them - which means he is in me too.

And come to think of it, I just bet he was on FRIENDS.

'Scuse me, I have cellophane to deal with.

Hellooooooooooooooo Bruno!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I have YOU as a friend. Your friends are the lucky ones. Love you, Mom!

    ReplyDelete