Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Organization


Why is it that to get organized you have to do all kinds of pre-organization and sub-organization? Sometimes I feel like all I do is organize one thing so that I can organize it with something else later. It's organizationally ridiculous.

Today I bought large 3" x 5" cards...which basically means that I bought 5.5" x 8" cards. And I bought a small clipboard to hold the cards. Then I created an Index on the top card and numbered the remaining cards. Each card is for an individual project and I wrote the name of the project at the top, then a list of things I need to do.

I then counted the projects that I have underway for the Rio Grande Foundation. I was thinking maybe 8 or 10 projects....oh no, not 8, not 10, but 28 projects. TWENTY-EIGHT.

No wonder I feel a pressing need to be more organized. I can't even remember how many projects I have on the RGF drawing board, let alone what needs to be done for each of them.

And that doesn't include my personal To Do list (as if I had a life). I don't even want to know how many projects are on my personal list and what I need to organize in order to accomplish it, if I did I might not want a life.

Organization is the key to accomplishment, but I wonder if I will ever finish organizing so that I can actually accomplish something? Let's get back to basics on this:

 ORGANIZATION:

Pronunciation: ȯr-gə-nə-ˈzā-shən

Function: noun

Date: 15th century

Definition: the act or process of organizing or of being organized

So we need to organize to be organized which is organization.

Ok, that makes sense, it all ties back to "a place for everything and everything in its place", doesn't it? Yes? Well then, that leaves me no choice... the 5.5" x 8" cards are done, now I am off to alphabetize my spices, oh wait, they are already in ABC order. I will work on my closets and organize my clothes by color, oh wait, that's done too....jewelry - no, that's done.

Sigh. I guess it's the office. I was hoping to avoid it. I suppose I could work on my storage unit first..........

No comments:

Post a Comment