Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sheer Madness

I suppose that if I am going to continue cutting the few clumps of grass in my front yard with scissors, I should probably invest in a better set of blades. Surgical sheers have come to mind while kneeling in my yard; I suppose I was in the position of prayer, but I don't really believe it was inspiration.

On the other hand, if I am going to invest in newer, sharper, shinier scissors to cut the few blades of grass in my front yard, why in the world would I not buy lawn clippers instead? After all, I am clipping grass on my lawn...lawn clippers would make perfect sense.

Maybe it's the thrill of lurking in the shadows so that no one will see me on my knees with scissors. Or maybe I enjoy the thought of ending up on some neighbor's funniest video submittal to the popular TV show.

There was a moment of sheer excitement when it occurred to me that I could possibly end up on YouTube and become nearly as famous a Susan Boyle; well, maybe only a little famous since I don't have her voice.

But there was also the night that I was busily snipping away and had to duck behind a bush when someone walked by because I was afraid they might see me and think I was mad - aka nuts. (and I, of course, am not!)

In any case, I will be glad when winter arrives the and few clumps stop growing. If I had a lawn, instead of a dirt patch with a dozen clumps of tall grass, this wouldn't be an issue.

Ah well, life in the Land of Enchantment can't be perfect. And if I wait a little longer, summer will be over and the grass will stop growing and I won't have to buy a thing; who knows I might still end up famous. (although this is not the scenario I ever envisioned for my 10 minutes of fame).

One just never knows....


Bon Jovi "Living on a Prayer"

No comments:

Post a Comment